the beauty place: How to Best Prepare for your SprayTanning Appointment
Here is a checklist of things to do before your spraytanning appointment to help you get the best results possible:
- • Wear or bring loose fitting, dark clothing to change into after the treatment because it is likely some colour transfer will occur. Avoid wool, nylon or silk which can be difficult to wash fabrics
- • Shave or wax the day before, but definitely not immediately before the spraytan. Preparing the skin for any treatment by stressing it with this level of irritation will increase the chances of product reaction. Oils in waxes or shave creams can interfere with spraytan absorption as well.
- • You may want to prepare the areas you will spend your 2 – 8 hours of showerless waiting for possible colour transfer. Place towels on the seat of your car, couch, chair, or other areas you will rest. If you tend to sleep through it, switch the silk sheets and pillow cases to something easier to clean, like cotton.
- • Leave a little extra time to properly exfoliate prior to your treatment, using our California Tan Exfoliator included with our treatment and available in our showers. You may choose to exfoliate at home ahead of time, but keep in mind our special scrubs were designed specifically for use prior to spraytanning because they contain no oils which will interfere with spraytan absorption
- • Do not apply makeup, moisturizer, deodourant, perfume, etc, unless you're willing to remove it prior to your treatment. Leaving it on will interfere with the absorption of the solution, causing uneven or patchy results.
- • Avoid bringing a heavy shoulder bag if you can. The pressure on your shoulder will remove the solution from your shoulder, not to mention the possibility of sweating from carrying it.
- • Probably best to avoid important dinners or friendly get togethers during the showerless waiting time after spraytanning. The solution is easily transferred and I doubt your friends will appreciate the brown stains on their new white clothes.